About Samiti’s shikhar
Sri Kottala Basaveshwara Bharateeya Shikshana Samiti was started in the year 1974 on the auspicious Basant Pachami day with the kind benediction from Poojya Sri Madivalayya swamjii in SEDAM, a taluk head quarter in GULBARGA district of KARNATAKA. Samiti started working in the field of education by starting a nursery school. This tiny school started in a dilapidated building with 15 students has become a mammoth education complex with primary, high school, PU College, Degree college, Law College, D.Ed College, CBSE English medium primary school with hostel facilities, etc.
It has got branches in Kolkunda, Mudhol and Chincholi of Gulbarga district. At present it has got more than 6500 students on its roll. The teaching and non teaching staff exceeds 275. Along with imparting education efforts are on to make the school a centre of Social Change. Samiti also runs typing institute, computer centre, Gymnasium and regularly conducts teachers training programs, coaching classes of CET students in different disciplines of learning. Sri KBBS Samiti extended its horizons to cultural, philosophical and literary aspects of life, whereby the students of the institution blossomed with a strong scientific base. The school was intended to be a centre for social change. In the process, it rallied around a set of compassionate citizens in the society. Yet, the feeling of backwardness kept gnawing from within.
Continued contemplations to bring about a sustained development culminated into the formation of Hyderabad Karnataka Abhvruddhi Vibhaga (HKAV). Renowned thinker Sri K N Govindacharya addressed and steered the 300 workers’ gathering on 16 Jan 2004 in Gulbarga to commence a movement that would create history in this region. HKAV together with Bharat Vikas Sangam (BVS) gradually brought together people working for the welfare of mankind. This ‘Sajjana shakti’ found a direction in the radiance of Sri Govindacharyaji’s watchwords, ‘My District, My World’, and started working at the root-level, inspiring the people to employ the universal results and at the same time encompassing ground realities (Think globally, act locally).
Shree Kottala Basaveshwara Bharateeya Shikshana Samiti and Hyderabad Karnataka Abhvruddhai Vibhaga has successfully organized a 10 day Mega Event ”Kalburgi Kampu” 2010 and Bharat Vikas Sangam 3 in Gulbarga. After the grand success of this program now Samiti is looking forward to see a big change in the thinking pattern of the people. In 2017 kalyana Karnataka 3 days programme was organized in Gulbarga.
Nrupatunga Arts, Commerce, Management ,Science & M.Com( PG centre) College, Sedam
Nrupatunga Arts, Commerce, Management and Science College, Sedam is run by Sri Kottala Basaveshwara Bharatiya Shikshana Samiti, Sedam inspired by Vidya Bharati at National level. Sedam is a Sub-Divisional Headquarter situated on the border of Andhra Pradesh. The town has historical background of world famous Dynasty, The Rashtrakutas. It is surrounded by Cement factories like Vasavadatta, Rajashree, South India etc.
Sri Kottala Basaveshwara Bharateeya Shikshana Samiti, a unit of Vidya Bharati Karnataka was started with the Godly blessings of Poojya Shri Madivalayya Swamiji on the auspicious day of Vasant Panchami in the year 1974. It was only a one-teacher school, which has now spread over sprawling area of nearly 75 acres. The campus houses the school buildings, computer labs, a temple of Devi Saraswati, modern library, hostel facilities, school of music, transport, canteens, bookstalls, gymnasium and such other facilities to mould the younger generation.
The primary aims and objectives of the Samiti are to establish and run educational and other institutions for the promotion of education in various forms and kinds, within and out side Sedam taluka of Gulbarga district, to impart and promote education, science, literature, fine art, sports, tourism, women empowerment, to provide facilities to the poor and deserving students for their higher studies, to infuse and create National outlook and patriotism amongst the student community, to establish and maintain library, reading rooms for the use of the educational institutions and for the general use by the public, to promote charity and diffusion of knowledge relating to commerce, industry, or of any other useful knowledge.
To bring about Nationality, moral values and character building in the personalities of the grownup students of the North-East Karnataka region, Sri Kottala Basaveshwara Bharatiya Shikshana Samiti has started Arts and Commerce College in the name of World famous Emperor NRUPATUNGA in the year 1984 .At the beginning, the College was housed in the Sri Kottala Basaveshwara temple complex. So far more than 22 students have bagged University ranks, gold medals, cash prizes, and other distinctions. The College has moved to its own independent building in the year 1996. The new building of College was inaugurated by Dr. Murali Manohar Joshi, former Union Minister for HRD. The college building is situated on the Udagi approach road with sufficient infrastructure, qualified staff and well equipped library with modern teaching aids. About 5 acres of open land for playground and other educational activities with more than 400 trees in its boundaries. Overall model college campus completely free from town nuisance and various kinds of pollutions.
The degree education is such that, it makes the students and rural mass aware of their socio-economic life and also about rights and duties; it also provides an opportunity to students to understand the problems of society as a whole and help them in different ways.
The College is affiliated to Gulbarga University, Gulbarga since 1984. The College has been brought under Grant-in-Aid Code by the Govt. of Karnataka in the year 1990. The University has granted the Permanent Affiliation to the college in 1997, vide Notification by the Registrar, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga bearing No: GUG/ACA/Permanent Affiliation-2/97-98/10726, dated: 23.12.1997. The college has also been included under section 2f and 12b of the UGC Act, 1956, vide Lr of the Under Secretary, University Grants Commission, New Delhi, bearing No: F8-69/99(CPP-1), February 2000, dated 4th March 2000.
In the month of February 2005, the Honorable NAAC Peer Committee visited the college and assessed and accredited at B++. As per the recommendation of the peer team, Management has started BBM in the year 2006 and B.Sc in the year 2007. Management has provided better transport facility with 4 buses. Two floored UGC funded women’s hostel is added to the campus. In view of this, the college has volunteered to get itself reassessed and re accredited by the esteemed National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
The next Peer Team Visit of NAAC was in December 2011. The College was assessed and accredited at B, as per the new norms of assessment. It scored a high 2.84 CGPA of 4 CGPA.
After second cycle the college has organized various management fests and national seminars.
- Pollution free atmosphere.
- Infrastructure with good ambience.
- Congenial atmosphere for learning.
- Vibrant Management.
- Transparent Administration.
- No Donations.
- Strong academic community.
- Library with Internet facility.
- Well-equipped laboratories.
- Excellent physical education with multipurpose gymnasium.
- Best support services.
- Active placement cell.
- Health Center.
- Canteen Facility.
- Transport Facility.
- Un-interrupted power supply.
- Yoga and Meditation center.
- Personality development program.
- Provision for global communication skills.
- Recognized research Centre.
- Permanent Affiliation.
- Hostel facility for girls.
- Career Counseling and guidance cell.
- Energy club, Eco club, Red Ribbon club etc
- Language and subject forums
- Lush green campus stretched over 11acres.
- NSS , Rangers & Rovers activities.
- Wide range of programs offered.
- Good ambience for learning.
- Students shall abide by all the rules and regulations of the College, that are in force or that may be made here-after by the college, Govt & University Authorities.
- Students should have Identity Card compulsorily.
- Attendance is compulsory. Students failing to keep 75% of attendance shall be liable for cancellation of their admission, except condoned.
- White uniform on every Monday, Saturday and on all National Festival, Celebration days is compulsory.
- A separate Dress Code is prescribed for BBM and MCOM Students.
- Morning Prayer and Assembly is compulsory.
- Attendance is compulsory to all Tests, Tutorials and Home Examinations i.e. Preparatory etc., absentees will have to pay the fine etc., fixed if any.
- Students offering Rural Development have to bear their expenditure, when they go for field-work, and B.Com , BBM AND MCOM FINAL year students have to bear their expenditure when they go for Project Assignment Study Tour.
- Ranking & Class will be awarded on the basis of three years, all the six semesters’ aggregate marks, by the University.
- It is the responsibility of the students to protect the property of the College. Maintaining discipline in the classroom as well as in the College Campus is the individual as well as collective responsibility of all the Students.
- On enrolling to NSS Unit, the volunteer student has to put in a minimum of 120 hours of Work, to stay for ten of seven days in any adopted village- slum etc, and actively participate in the survey, organizing the program etc.,
- A severe action would be taken against the students who violate the dignity and discipline of the institution.
Since last 34 years, the College is bagging Ranks, Gold medals and Cash prizes from Gulbarga University, Gulbarga.
- During 1989 April, Miss Srikanta D/o Hanumandas Sharma secured 9th Rank at B.Com Final Year.
- During 1990 April, Miss Shakuntala D/o Nathmal Kabra, secured 3rd Rank at B.Com final year.
- During 1991 April, Miss Shivakanatamma D/o Basavant Rao Remanni, secured 4th Rank at B.A final year.
- During 1992 April,
- Miss Niraja D/o Ramanareddy secured 1st Rank at B.Com final year
- Miss Jyothi D/o Umapati Balgar secured 2nd Rank at B.Com final year
- Miss Jyothilaxmi D/o Prakashbabu Mailapur secured 5th Rank at B.Com final year.
- During 1994 April, Mr. Govind S/o Nathmal Kabra secured 9th Rank at B.Com final year.
- During 1994 April, Kum. Shailaja D/o Vishwanath Nisti, awarded Sri Gangadhar Namoshi Gold Medal for
securing highest marks in Economics at B.A final year.
- During 1996 April, Miss Manjula D/o Vasudev Mailapur secured Sri S.S.Keni Gold Medal for securing highest
marks in Sociology at B.A final year.
- During 1997 April
- Miss Veena D/o Jayavanth Rao secured 2nd Rank at B.Com final year
- Miss Jayashree D/o Hanumanthappa Telkur secured 8th Rank at B.A final year
- Miss Jyothi D/o Basavaraj Arkatti Kodla secured 9th Rank in B.A final year
- Miss Padmavathi D/o Sharanappa Niranji Habal T bagged Gold Medal / Cash prize for securing highest marks in Sociology in B.A final year
- During 1998 April, Mr. Panduranga S/o Venkatraulu Patti Motakapalli, secured 10th Rank at B.Com final year.
- During 2002 April, Mr. Ravindra S/o Venkareddy secured Gold Medal/Cash prize for securing highest marks in Sociology at B.A final year.
- During 2003 April, Miss Jyoti D/o Malharirao bagged Gold Medal/ Cash prize for securing highest marks in Kannada at B.A final year.
- During 2004 April, Miss Suman D/o Narasilal Sharma bagged Gold Medal/ Cash prize for securing highest marks in
Income Tax at B.Com final year.
- During 2005 April, Miss Roopa D/o Vijayakumar Mailapur secured 7th Rank at B.A final year.
- During 2005 April, Miss Anita D/o Narasilal Sharma secured 6th Rank at B.Com final year.
- During 2007 April, Mr. Avinash S/o Laxminarayan Mailapur bagged Gold Medal/Cash prize for securing highest
marks in Income Tax at B.Com final year..
- During 2008 April, Mr Ramakant S/O Madangopal Hedda bagged 10th Rank at B.com final year
- During 2010, Mr Taraka Nandi S/O Swappanna Nandi secured 10th Rank at BBM Final Year.
- In 2013, Anil Kumar Vishnu of B.Com stood 10th Rank In Gulbarga University.
- In the same year, Asgar Rana Mehboob Ali of BA secured a Gold Medal in Optional English.
- In 2014, Akshata Joshi of B.Com stood first in Gulbarga University bagging the Gold Medal for that academic year.